Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bridesmaid dresses and ideas

Hi Ladies!


I wanted to give you some ideas for bridesmaid dresses and accessories for the wedding. I would like you all to pick your own dress, especially since everyones style and budget is different so I hope this works out for all. Who better to dress you than you! So here are some general guidelines for finding the dress:


The main color theme is
Dark Purple and Burnt Orange




I think the dresses should be purple and the burnt orange will just be added as accents, plus I think the flowers may be a burnt orange color. For the purple dresses think more like plum, eggplant, or raisin, etc. - more of the darker purple with slight red undertones.


We are getting married in a backyard garden, so this of course is going to be incorporated into the theme. I have been looking at pictures online just to get and give ideas. I do not want you all to match so there is no specific dress store or website you need to order from. Here are some theme words to give you an idea of the theme or type of wedding I have in mind:

  •  DIY
  • Soft
  • Romantic
  • Slight Vintage feel
  • Modernistic touches
  • Calm/Serene
  • Artsy
  • And so on...


With that said here is some photo inspiration:


What I love about this photo is that there is a color palette that the girls worked with.  Each girl is wearing something completely different in style and color but it works because it is pulled together with a theme.



This is the same bridal party as shown above but with some vintage photo effects





Here are a couple garden theme photos to help show style and the feel I'm going for.
 

Now for the dresses!

Do's/Don'ts
  • Do pick a shade of plum/dark purple color that will not be too light, too red, or too blue.
  • Do pick a dress that is anywhere from right above the knee to mid calf length being the longest.
  • Do pick a floral pattern if you like that pattern better than solid and the color works.
  • No shiny fabric please - our wedding is not formal enough :)
  • Try for flowy fabrics that are not shiny such as chiffon.
  • Style and cut is completely up to you!

Again these photos about to be seen are just to give you ideas and inspiration and to convey the idea of what the look is for the wedding. I tried to stay in the color pallette but some of the pictures are merely for style ideas.


This color, style, and fabric is exactly what I had in mind. So pretty.


I think this style and color is perfect but the fabric is too shiny
- for the wedding at least.




 I put these dresses on here because they both have a vintage feel and nice details.
Even though the green one has some satin on it, it's not too much nor does it make the dress formal,
it just gives it a nice pop of texture and style.

These dresses are modern and different. The left dress again is too shiny but the color and style is pretty.
The dress on the right might be the lightest anyone should go, might even be too light,
 its also a little businessy but I would'nt mind if anyone picked this style or silhouette if they wanted.

This dress is cute and has a pretty sheer overlay that tones down the shiny fabric
and makes the purple look darker than it is.


Here are some nice styles, fabrics, and floral designs
 that could work in the right shades of purple (some already are).

Here are some strapless maybe more traditional / cocktail dresses.
 Strapless always seems to be a popular look, and you can usually find or get a strapless dress
with the same or similar detailing in a chiffon fabric insteadof satin.

Some more styles and fabrics that could work.
The first dress is too pink but wanted it on here b/c I think it is pretty,
the last dress might be too casual but is a cute design and think could possibly
work depending on what everyone chooses...


 I love this style dress, however, the fabric is velvet and wouldnt work,
 plus I'm not sure if the length is too long.
Either way it is something I would pick I think it is so pretty.


OK so I think you get the idea of the dress style, color, cut, and fabric for the wedding.
Now I leave it up to you to go out into the world and find the dress you like, Happy Shopping! 
If you want to go shopping together just let me know :)


Here are some Possible flowers for the wedding



 Shoes!

Not sure what everyone wants to do about shoes, again not everyone has to have matching style or colors,
and they do not have to be heels there are so many cute flats out there now,
but here are some color suggestions:

  • Purple
  • Black
  • Silver
  • Pale pink
  • Burnt orange
  • pattern/print that will go with dress and is appropriate
  •  (no zebra stipes or craziness like that)



I think these shoes are so frickin awesome but by no means do I expect anyone to go
out and buy shoes they do not like or want. I would totally buy these though...

Some purple heels

Black heels


Here are some pink heels that might work. Some pinks may not go,
and some of you might not like the way pink looks with purple dresses
so pink is an ify one, but up to you.



 
And silver always looks good with purple so can't go wrong here.

As for Jewelry and purse/bag, this I leave up to you as I am certain you have the idea of what to pick. Thank you so much for being a part of my wedding, I truly do appreciate you, your freindship, and your time. Please give feedback and opinions, I want this to be open, honest, and a great experience for everyone!

Thank You.

Love you All!

-Sheena



4 comments:

  1. Where did you find the pic of the first dress? I absolutely love it!!

    Also, gojane.com has some pretty neat dresses as well as pacificplex.com. I used both for my dresses. They may be a little too shiny but not all of them are.

    Maybe we can plan a fun shopping date when you have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I found that dress on www.luvclothez.com the site is a little different but prices are OK and they carry a lot of cute stuff.

    I will have to go to those sites, I was just googling images lol, but it worked to get the idea across. I feel like I should have a little more planning or structure but I really want all the girls to be different, kinda afraid it could turn out bad but keeping the faith that it wont.

    I would love that, I am available most weekends. I know this has to get done soon! If girls need to order dresses now is the time to start looking, well sooner than now but at least now...

    I want to set something up this month maybe next weekend? Not sure of everyone's schedule, but might work out better than having 5 - 7 women at one shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am available this weekend if you are? the next two weekends I am pretty booked up. But after that we could do some shopping and maybe let the guys get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am available, I kinda wanted to do something this weekend but I know the guys were going to Ann Arbor on saturday and Bryan wanted me to go, but there is always shopping there too, either way I might just tell Bryan that I have wedding stuff to do. I will give you a call or you can call me if you want and we can make more concrete plans.

    ReplyDelete